Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Do you think when it comes to a partner for life this should ring true?

THE BEST PART OF ME IS YOU.





Should that be true for both partners?Do you think when it comes to a partner for life this should ring true?
Since you have invoked ';should';, which makes this an issue of morality; I would say, ';no';.





=============





A person is what they are. Regardless of who they are with, eventually all sides of a person will manifest. Each person will be as they are with another person; they will act and react as they choose to. You cannot being out the best or worst in me simply by being with me, I will be as I am and as I choose to be...as will anyone else. If you do not want (choose) to be ';influenced'; by me, positively or negatively, then you will not be.





While I do understand the gist of your question, the reality is, any other person will eventually bring out the ';best'; or ';worst'; of another...because the person chooses to show that side of themselves, for whatever reason(s)...no one ';makes'; you show one side of yourself or another, how you act / react is a choice you make.Do you think when it comes to a partner for life this should ring true?
I wouldn't say that 'the best part of me is my husband', because we are both pretty great on our own. Together we make a wonderful pair who love and accept each other unconditionally.





'The best part of me is you' is discounting your own value. You shouldn't have to devalue yourself in order to have a wonderful partner for life.





Edit: Yes, 'You bring out the best in me' is definitely true of my relationship with my husband, and I would think would ring true when it comes to a partner for life. I guess it's all in the phrasing....
I agree with the statement you made in the additional details, but to be happy with someone does not mean that you lose your identity. But I do believe that partners should bring out the best in one another. Of course, that will not always be the case, that is impossible, people are going to have differences no matter how much they are alike or in love.
i think that phrase would best suit a couple who have been married 30/40 yrs. when one partner dies, it's like your half a person. and your so miserable, you feel like the worst half.


(if that makes sense)
what a stupid question If you really loved the person why don't you just ask him/her if you knew what love was you would already know what the answere is don't ask any of us when it should actually be your call
again, what partner means to life is what you breathe now! if you breathe the poison then the answer is fatal!! save your gut the truth is affection!!
No. It is not healthy to base so much of your identity on someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment