Sunday, February 7, 2010

If your partner smokes weed is it true it lowers your chances?

my best friend and her husband are planning 2 have a baby he smokes weed few times a week (i know its bad but thats him) i thought and i heard this lowers his sperm count but then my other friend has a little boy and said he smoked everyday and had a kid right away what do you think? how much harder is it to?If your partner smokes weed is it true it lowers your chances?
it depends who you are my mates hubby smokes it and they have had 2 kids straight away - it can affect the quality of the sperm and pass on problems to the child if you know what i mean. thats what i read - my mates kids are fine though and not had any problems yet.





if you have a low sperm count anyway then i think it would affect it even more.If your partner smokes weed is it true it lowers your chances?
well, it all depends on who you ask....technically my husband was smokin weed when we conceived, although he had cut back in recent weeks. I, myself used to smoke, but I quit a couple months before I conceived. We had actually been ';practicing'; for a few months and it seemed that after I quit and he cut back, BAM! I'm preggers!!





Also, I know several people who smoked everday for last few years and still conceived children...TG they quit once they knew they were preggers!
It CAN effect the chances - but that's not to say that it will. It's just like if a pregnant woman has a drink when she's pregnant. In olden times they did that all the time, and not all babies had fetal alcohol syndrome. But that doesn't meant that one drink CAN'T cause F.A.S. There is no ';safe'; limit, that's why the limit is zero. But I still had a baby that didn't have F.A.S. even though I was drinking before I found out I was pregnant (unplanned). But that doesn't mean I wasn't worried during my pregnancy, because I know that it CAN. Just like smoking weed can lower the chances of getting pregnant. It might not have effected your one friend, but it might effect someone else.
I think there is some truth in it. But I don't think it's enough to make or break a conception. Know what I mean?





My hubby smokes occasionally, I don't like it and make him lock it up and smoke outside. We were able to conceive on the first try with our daughter and are trying again now.





So I think if the man already has a low count or for some reason has a problem, the weed may exacerbate it, but otherwise, probably not.
these days everything is bad for you. weed may lower his count a little


but doubt that well be the reason your friend has any problems getting pregnant. some say smoking weed over a long period of time (years)


will lower your sperm count. but no one is really sure. good luck to your friends. and he should stop smoking or at least cut back if a kid is on the way.
I've also heard it lowers sperm count. All they can do is try and if nothing after a few months, maybe he could try giving up weed and see if that helps at all. He'd have to give it up for a couple of months b/c it does take several weeks to make new sperm.
yeah I think it is true about if you smoke weed you have less chances because, my cusin smokes weed, and he cant get her girlfriend pregnet. Maybe only very few people will still, not lower their chances.
There is no conclusive evidence to support that theory. In fact, in some cases it increased sperm count.
Yeah I hear it does lower the sperm count, but everyone is different
I always thought it would as well, but maybe it's only with some.
it may affect the child. i wouldnt touch dat killer being an athlete

No comments:

Post a Comment