Wednesday, February 10, 2010

How true is it that ur menstrual cycle changes when u change sexual partners? & how drastic can that change be

My partner %26amp; I had intercourse 4 times but only one time unprotected on 9th april when he says he didnt ejaculate in me but i dont know if maybe he did a little bit - he's sure he didnt. its usually about 25 days between each period. my last ended on 29th march. my period for april month hasnt come yet. according to my calculations it should've come last week. took a pregnancy test and the results were negative. i have no symptoms of pregnancy. off and on i have slight cramps as if my period wants to come but im not sure. i also have the discharge that u get with the onset of menstruation. no changes in appetite or anything. How likely is it that i could be pregnant? this happened before when i changed partners my period was late and i thought i was pregnant at that time too but i wasnt but i dont recall it being so late. im worried. i dont want to take drastic measures to remove something thats not there and damage myself. I would appreciate any advice given on this subject please!How true is it that ur menstrual cycle changes when u change sexual partners? %26amp; how drastic can that change be
Different things can change your cycle, but changing partners is not *likely* to do so.





You ovulate about 2 weeks (usually 12-16 days) before your *next* period regardless of the length of the cycle. In other words, if you have 30 day cycles, you probably ovulate between days 14 and 18. Sperm can live in the female body for up to 3 (sometimes 5) days. So if your period was due on 23 April, you probably ovulated between 7-11 April and gotten pregnant from sex anytime between 4-12 April. It is *likely* you were ovulating (or about to) around the time you had unprotected sex.





Get another test (there are many reasons why a negative test could be wrong) or see your midwife or doctor.How true is it that ur menstrual cycle changes when u change sexual partners? %26amp; how drastic can that change be
Even if he didn't ejaculate there is still a chance of pregnancy men leak sperm during intercourse. as for your period being late I would wait at least 7 to 10 days before worrying.
Ok, by my calculations, you are probably NOT pregnant. If your period began on March 29th you wouldn't begin ovulating until March 12 - 15th. so if you are sure about the unprotected sex being on March 9th, and about your period beginning on March 29th, you should be in the clear! As far as your period changing with new/differnt partners, I think this is an impossibility... I am 39 and my period ALWAYS comes every 28 days. Except when it changes cycles... which occurs occassionally and has NOTHING to do with who I am sleeping with.

No comments:

Post a Comment