Sunday, February 7, 2010

Is it true that people are attracted to others that look like them? even choose partners that way?

Its true. I remeber reading about this article on BBC about 2 siblings; a guy and a girl getting seperated when they were little. After they grew up they fell in love and they were going to get married or something, until they found out that they were related. i also saw a documentary on how people have natural instincts to like themselves meaning that they are wired to like people with similar facial features.Is it true that people are attracted to others that look like them? even choose partners that way?
I think it's true, but it's not that people pick partners who literally look like them, it's that we pick partners of a similar level of attractiveness to ourselves.





A thin, dark haired woman may be attracted to larger, blond haired men, but they're likely to be equal in attractiveness. It's rare to see a very classically attractive person with someone who's not very attractive.Is it true that people are attracted to others that look like them? even choose partners that way?
Maybe I like guys who are similar in their features,yes,but at the same time,come froma different mixture.My boyfriend's of Danish and Swedish descend,while I'm of :Russian,Polish,Ukrainian,German,Japanes… and Romanian(very little) descend.As you can tell,we're very different.So,similar in looks,but of different mixture of genes.Quite strange,eh?
Makes sense, because I'm ususally most attracted to brunettes, and I have dark brown hair myself. Also, I once saw a picture of woman who looked a lot like a female version of me, and I thought she was really hot.
I dont think I look like my exhusband but alot of people have mistaken my brother for his brother. So maybe we do look a little alike. I look absolutely nothing like my current S.O.
I think that's the norm. You always see married couples that look like they could be siblings. I look like my avatar but my husband has blond hair and blue eyes.
nope. opposites attract.
I don't believe that. None of my past partners (or my husband) look similar to me.
Disagree, I see fat with thin, tall with short, light with dark.
I guess in some cases.
so ive heard...

No comments:

Post a Comment