Friday, February 12, 2010

Is it true that most single adults date and have several partners they aren't in commiteed relationships with?

I know I sound like an idiot.





Watching shows like Friends or Seinfeld, or many other tv shows or movies really, the characters have sex with pretty much everyone they have a date with.





No one I know actually does this. Is it something that's common in more urban areas (I'm in small-town Texas), is it made up just for the entertainment industry, or what?Is it true that most single adults date and have several partners they aren't in commiteed relationships with?
It's not really like that for the most part... Although there are some folks who are like that. There has to be an exception to every rule, right?





That being said, Hollywood loves to glamorize and sex up everything, don't they?





Me personally - I'm just too picky for my own good. I go on TONS of dates with different folks (used to have several dates with different people per week), HOWEVER, I rarely slept with any of them. It takes a lot more than a casual connection to get into my pants, lol.





DATING various people is very healthy, I believe. (I come from the same small East Texas town as you do, so I know what you're talking about - and actual DATES are hard to come by there... most of my friends ended up marrying their high school sweethearts and so forth, instead of playing the field for a bit, like me. I'm only 24, and one of the few single folks out of my ';group'; of friends.)





It's easier to have a wider selection of people when you're in a larger metro city. I know when I lived in your town, I knew everyone there and vice versa, so it was hard to date - and then IF I did chose to date a few different people, then being a woman I got a ';reputation'; even if I didn't have sex with these people. Ah, the double standard...





Sorry for the rant, lol.Is it true that most single adults date and have several partners they aren't in commiteed relationships with?
Many people feel that if they are grown and mature enough they can make the decision to sleep with whom ever they prefer. A lot of people also feel that if the sex is not good then why be with a person ,thus they have to sleep with everyone they date. I think it depends on your moral and religious beliefs how you act in a relationship. However being from Chicago I know many people who sleep with whom ever they please with no concience behind it.
lol I agree with you... Maybe they still not found the right one for them. I think most them all are so picky %26amp; has a high standard when it comes to a relationship than to the young one. Maybe commitment for them is lifetime so they has to be choose wisely.
just like you mentioned it only in the tv show and sitcoms that such a thing a happens....sometimes there are some in real life but it more of an exemptions than a rule,

No comments:

Post a Comment