Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Is it true that relationships are more successful when both partners are in the same ';league';?

...looks wise? I don't think this is true but seems to be a consensus elsewhere.Is it true that relationships are more successful when both partners are in the same ';league';?
no relationships work better when based on truth love and understandingIs it true that relationships are more successful when both partners are in the same ';league';?
Relationships are most successful when both partners are mature enough to appreciate more than looks.
No, I've made my way up the social ladder by making sure that I always have a partner one league up from me
i dont think so. often, a hot chick is insecure anyway. and guys have different tastes...what is hot to him may be not attractive and below his ';league'; to other people.





i dont really believe in leagues. i am not that handsome. maybe a 6/10 tops. but i have gotten 9+ girls many times. it happens.





in very broad terms, i guess leagues exist, and it might be wise not to cross them. i mean, i doubt a brad pitt type would be happy with a very fat girl. or that a jessica simpson type would be happy with a short, fat, balding guy. but those are immense and uncommon disparities.
In my opinion, I think that statement is true. However, if both parties are on the same level maturity wise, then I think that they both have a good chance as well.
It's about maturity, respect of both of them. It'd be like judging people on their looks
What a load of crap!!
Bollocks its about personality. people who are hung up on looks alone deserve eachother.
hehehe, good to know that not everyone goes for looks...


a relationship MAY start with looks, but if the outside is beautiful and the inside is ugly, then things will go sour pretty fast. successful long term relationships are based on character and personality, trust, compromise, and good old fashioned love!
I don't think so, I couldn't stand all the constant pressure to succeed over my partner. People do it without realizing it until one of them cracks under the strain.
I think a lot of people here have misinterpreted your question... I know what you're talking about - I've heard of this before - that people subconsciously go for people who are on the same level as them attractiveness-wise... it's not saying that they go for looks over personality. We shouldn't generalise, but I do think it often happens like that - for instance you would rarely ever see a really plain girl with a very handsome man.... and this is not necessarily because people go for looks but because people often (subconsciously again) feel more comfortable with people who are in their 'league'. Kinda unfair, but true I think.
  • pc security
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment